Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post TIE Lesson

This lesson went better than I expected it to. Although, there were a few things that I had to change. I explained to the students about this lesson and told them exactly what we were going to be doing for the final product. They were so excited about it because they were going to get to hear themselves on the computer. They immediately wanted to start designing their probability spinners so that I could begin taking pictures of them. When all of the students were finished with their spinners, I began to take the pictures on my camera.

The next step was to upload the pictures onto VoiceThread itself, which I did at home that same night. It took a long time to do it, but the results were great. The next day, which was a Friday, I had to go up to the school and bring each student individually to the computer so that I could record their voices. My CT was very gracious for allowing me to do so. (I know she probably had a lesson that she could have been teaching.) The final product came out beautifully, but it did take more time than I thought it was going to. Also, for my student who is deaf, instead of speaking into the microphone for him, I had him type out his response instead onto the Voice Thread.

In theory, this lesson in my head would have only taken one day, but it didn't. I would have wanted to do everything all at once, but the events going on the day of my lesson played a factor as well. I think this type of lesson would better be suited for PST's in the Student Teaching semester as they would be there for the entire week of teaching instead of only being there for two days during Field Basing. That way it could be spread out more and the students could actually be more envolved in the designing of the voice thread itself. Just a thought...

Here is a link to my final product: Ms. Sherman's 3rd grade Voice Thread!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you put a lot of work into your lesson. I am sorry that your lesson didn't go as planned. Mine didn't either. But by the looks of it, I think you did a great job. The volume level on the voice thread was too low for me to hear on some of them and I couldn't figure out how to adjust it. But from what I could hear, it seems like the students really understood the concept. I bet they had a blast recording and even more fun listening to themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree that from the looks of it, the voice thread was successful. I think by letting the students see and hear the final product, they will try to speak up hopefully the next time they are asked to record their voices for a voice thread. I know that my students were very soft spoken and when they got to see and hear the final product, they wanted to re-record but time did not permit me to do so. I am glad I was able to do this and hope to try this in the future!

    ReplyDelete