Sunday, April 17, 2011

Preliminary TIE Plan

I had originally planned to do a reading or language lesson and have the students work collaboratively on comparing two different stories. But, as our schedules changed to take the practice Generalist test, so did my lesson plan. Ok, new one. For my TIE lesson plan, I am going to do a math lesson on teaching and reviewing the concepts of probability and statistics. The objective is for the students to make their own probability spinner and list two possible outcomes from that spinner as well. When the students are done, I will take pictures of each of their spinners and upload them to voice thread. During class I will call them up one by one and have them tell me the outcomes of each of their spinners into the microphone. For two of my students, though, I will be speaking for them as they are children who are deaf. Their interpreter will relay their message to me.

To the right of my blog is a link under TIE PLAN, just click the link so that you may view the lesson plans.

5 comments:

  1. Tia that sounds like a great idea!!! I cant wait to see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great Tia. I am also planning a voice thread for my last lesson on Social Studies - Life on the Texas Frontier - for my fourth graders. They are excited as well to take part in this voice thread. Look forward to seeing the end product. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your finished product. First graders loved recording their voices, I wonder if the older kids will find it as exciting too?! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound like a great idea for incorporating voice threads into your math lesson. I really like how you accommodated to all your students needs. I also have students who are deaf and hard hearing in my class as well and was wondering how they could use voice threads, having them type their response is a great idea. I can not wait to see your finally product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you made sure to include the deaf children in your activity! Great thinking! Maybe have the students say what outcomes they could get from others' spinners instead of their own? That way they could collaborate more instead of just talking about their own.

    ReplyDelete